background

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Autumn Jewels

And now, I present to you.......Autumn Jewels!!


Yes, it is finished. (Well except for a bit of hand stitching on the back.) I did learn a lot while making this little quilt. It measures 9"x12" without the beaded fringe. I think it does give you the impression that the topmost leaves are the farthest away and that is what this little quilt was about - perspective. I have already started on my next little quilt and it will have a winter theme. Oh, here's a close up if you want to see a bit more detail.

It has been raining almost all day. We do need it so badly. I even turned the heat on today as the temperature has dropped considerably as well.

6 comments:

anita said...

Beautiful! Love those autumn colors.

Deb Skinner Fischer said...

It is gorgeous!

Jan said...

Love your autumn leaves quilt!!! Especially like the added fringe!

NanaK said...

Your leaves are stunning and the fringe was the perfect finishing touch!

Debi said...

What a beauty, you did such a wonderful job.

jenclair said...

Lovely! Very jewel-like...