background

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Book Love

I decided with my journey into making smaller quilts with a greater focus on art quilts I needed some guidance and/or inspiration. Soooooo, with a small bonus from work in the checking account I went browsing at amazon.com.
My books arrived yesterday and all I can say is wow! I am so glad I selected these books.


Creative Quilting: The Journal Quilt Project by Karey Patterson Bresenhan
Truly a feast for the eyes (and the imagination). Lots of beautiful eye candy and inspiration in these pages.




Art Quilt Workbook: Exercises & Techniques to Ignite Your Creativity by Jane Davila and Elin Waterston


This book is like a class in art quilt techniques. There are lessons with homework. When you finish the lessons you will have 6 or more completed pieces. I can't wait to get started on this one.



What is inspiring you today?

3 comments:

Jan said...

Enjoy your new books--they look like lots of fun!

NanaK said...

These books look wonderful! Enjoy them!

Debi said...

You will have to let us know how you liked these books. I hope to see some of the "homework" real soon.