background

Thursday, October 4, 2007

I want to fly like an eagle...

Some of you may know I work with animals. The feathers in these cards are the result of a wing clip on a blue and gold Macaw. I thought the feathers were much too pretty just to toss away so I took a few and made these cards. I also tried a new free motion embroidery technique with the bird you see on two of the cards. I am not entirely pleased with the result but they will probably bring a bit of cheer to someone in the mail someday.

2 comments:

Debi said...

Oh how pretty, those postcards are so lovely. I love the feathers, and I have peach faced love birds and they are always shedding!

Jan said...

I love your postcards--how did you attach the feathers? did you just glue them on? They turned out so nice--sure to be a day brightener for someone!