background

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Inching Along


The theme over at Inching Artists this week is "Rust". I have never made inchies before - man! are they small! Here are my creations for this challenge.

For the first one I dug around in an old jewelry box and found this picture charm of me in the 2nd grade. You can't see it so well but the background has aged to a rusty color (that was ohhhh, about 36 years ago) and the shirt I was wearing had a rust colored stripe. I can even remember the rust colored elephant leg pants that my mother made me to wear with this shirt. LOL Does anyone else remember elephant leg pants?

The second one came from my husband's tackle box. Yes, I was digging around in his dirty, smelly tackle box around 10 pm one night and came out with this rusty old fish hook and the equally rusty old fly.

And the third one is just some rust colored leaf buttons and a bit of rust hued wire.

I had a lot of fun with this challenge and learned a bit as well.

7 comments:

Jan said...

Those are really neat--inchies are new to me and I'm glad you showed yours!

Debi said...

They are so cute, and you are so talented. I don't know if I could work with such small pieces....great job.

Debbi Baker said...

Your rust inchies are terrific - I love them! The turquoise background looks fabulous with the rust colours.

Eva said...

Lovely inchies!

ATCLindaB said...

fantastic, I'm really pleased you have joined our band of Inchie Artists, aren't they fabo fun?!
Elephant leg pants...lol yup I remember mine :)

Debbie said...

Your inchies are great! I like how you interpreted the theme.

katelnorth said...

great inchies, Myra - no one would ever know you'd never done it before!