background

Monday, October 1, 2007

October


Happy Fall, ya'll!


I have to say fall is my most favorite time of the year. I love the colors and crispness of the air. For some reason, I have always felt that this time of year signaled a time of new beginnings for me. I seem to be more motivated and creative now than in the spring. Hey, I never said I wasn't backwards, did I?


In the spirit of the season, I wanted to share this picture of a postcard I made. I really like this creation and am itching to do a larger (perhaps 11 x 17 or so) mixed media piece using the entire poem.



5 comments:

voc said...

Myra - What a beautiful post card, and I like the poem as well. I'll have to check all the text books and anthologies we have, and read the rest of it.
Good luck with your blog, I hope you enjoy it.
V

Jan said...

Welcome to blogland--love your postcard and the poem is delightful!

WilmaNC said...

Another blog to read! Very pretty card.

Debi said...

I love the postcard. I am so glad you are blogging, I will add you to my daily review.

NanaK said...

Hi there! I read at Quilting Passion (Delphiforums) that you had started a blog so thought I'd check it out. Well done! I started one also, but haven't done much with it yet.

Your post card is gorgeous and I love the poem. Autumn is my favorite time of the year too.