background

Monday, October 22, 2007

Quilted


I have finished the quilting on the leaves quilt. Next - adding embellishments. I think all I am going to do with this one is add some beads to the leaves and do a beaded fringe along the bottom. (You can click on the photo to see a larger picture)
I am still not happy with how bright the yellow is - it really jumps out at you, doesn't it? Ahhhh, but that is what this is all about, learning to work with color. So, lesson learned. I will enjoy having an autumn quilt to hang at any rate.
All the cities nearby are on mandatory water restrictions since we have had so little rain. We have a well and I am hoping it keeps on keeping on for us. Several people in the area have had their wells dry up. I am doing what I can to conserve, I hope everyone else does the same.

2 comments:

Deb Skinner Fischer said...

Myra I love your leaves! They are fantastic!
Deb

Anna said...

Myra please email me your snail mail address.