background

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Books and Music

Dear Husband and I decided to go out to dinner last night. Afterwards we stopped in Border's because I wanted to get this book that Deb had recommended on her blog a few weeks ago. What an excellent read! I only have about 20 pages left because I couldn't put the darn thing down. I don't usually buy hardcover books for this very reason - I spend $15-$20 on a book and have it read in a few hours. This one is worth it though #1 because it is a good book and #2 because this is a new author and she is from my state. Cool huh? It will definitely be a keeper on my bookshelf.

It was a bonus night because Aura3, a local band was playing in the cafe at Borders. They were delightful. I was able to peruse the latest copies of magazines I thought I might buy while being entertained at the same time. It was a very enjoyable, relaxing evening. Good food, good music, and a good book. Ahhhhhhhhh.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

Oh, I'm so glad you like it - even if it is a fast read! I don't know if you re-read books or not, but I do, and this one went on my keeper shelf because I know I'll read it again.

NanaK said...

Sounds like a lovely evening Myra. Will have to check out that book on my next outing.