background

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Christmas in November

Well, it is time to start thinking about it - isn't it? I mean, if you don't get started now....

I just finished edging these this morning. They are for a Christmas inchies swap on Fabric in Altered Art.

I started with red cotton lame for the background. Then, I couched a green craft cord, stitched down some gold rick rack trim, added some decorative stitches in white, then stitched on a glass bead. I edged them in various ways - some just a simple zig zag, some using eyelash yarns. On a few I added an eyelet and some ribbon. Can you tell I get bored easily with zig zagging??? I enjoyed making these although they are a bit fiddly. (Is too a word!) Here's a close up of a few if you want to have a better look.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Myra nice job on the inchies. And yes they look very festive.

Jan said...

I love your inchies! So holiday looking!!

Debi said...

I love them, they are adorable. You are sure getting ready for the holidays.