background

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Come on over to my hous(ies)!

The theme this week at Inching Artists is "Housies". For some reason, these little inchies are like potato chips for me - I can never stop with just one.


I just love purple so I thought a purple background with little yellow houses would be fun.







I have had this brick fabric for quite some time just waiting for the right project to come along. It seemed perfect for the house theme.

A few beads for flowers, machine embroidered blades of grass, and a rick rack cardinal keeping watch from the roof.





And with Halloween just a few days past, a slightly spooky scene seemed in order. What kind of birds are those? Sparrows? Crows?
Vultures?! I have no idea, but I "needed" to add them. :o)


Now I think it is time to work on something a bit larger. After making the Christmas inchies and then these, I feel the need to work with a piece of fabric more than an inch in size. Postcard size perhaps?

6 comments:

Jan said...

YOur purple and yellow inchies are my favorite--I can see where they might be addictive!

Debi said...

Wow, these a great, I love the colors in all of them. I see how much you love making them.

ATCLindaB said...

ooooh these are all sensational! I can't pick a fave because I really like them all :)

Debbi Baker said...

They are all fantastic Myra but I love the first ones the most - they are so cheerful! I need to get on with it and make mine!!

NanaK said...

Myra, these are all so beautiful. You must be very patient working on these tiny works of art! I love them!

jenclair said...

Too cute! Love them all.