background

Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...

A Christmas Quiltie!

I completed this one for a swap on Fabric in Altered Art. It is 6" square. The little present was made by wrapping a piece of peltex and tying on the bow then sewing it to the quiltie so it is more dimensional. The fur on Santa's boots is eyelash yarn, details were added to the puppy using gel and pigma pens, then I added lots of beads for the snow and finally a paw print stamp in silver. I made a postcard using this same theme last year and I liked it so much I decided to use it for this exchange.

Next on the agenda: Giving some of these a try with my own little twist. Aren't they cute? This project was one of the features in the Nov/Dec issue of Cloth Paper Scissors.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

5 comments:

Jan said...

I love your quiltie--how cute --the puppy looks real--I want to pet him!!!

Debi said...

So cute, I love it. I is starting to look like Christmas, great job Myra.

NanaK said...

I love this one Myra! It's just darling. Looking forward to viewing more of your works of art.

WilmaNC said...

It's adorable. I'm getting into the spirit!!

Cathy said...

This is just so cute! And I am lucky to have it here with me, at least for a little bit.