background

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Shaker Card

I am working on these shaker cards for a swap on Art We Mail. I experimented with a couple of techniques on these, the first - sewing circles using the decorative stitches on my machine. I learned about this technique here in their free projects section. The second technique was using the clear vinyl to make the "shaker" window. I put bits of yarn, sequins, and beads into this section then satin stitched all around. I made a few more with different stitches and different colors. All in all, I learned a bit and I think they turned out pretty well.

5 comments:

Debi said...

Very pretty Myra, I enjoy your blog and each time I am more tempted to start this type of medium.

Jan said...

I love your shaker card, Myra! You do such neat work!

Totty Teabag said...

What a good idea to use the circle technique for the shaker section! I must check which swaps are still open now that Christmas is behind us.

NanaK said...

Simply beautiful, Myra!

Lise said...

Hi Myra!
I'm visiting you for the first time - from Lynn's blog. I have also received some of her beautiful embroidered postcards during the last months (I'm a member of the sister group, Art4Mail). Guess who got the embroidery unit for her sewing machine for Christmas??! But, I'll need a lot of time before I can match Lynn.......
Regards Lise in Oslo