background

Sunday, January 27, 2008

New Quilting Tool


Well maybe this isn't a quilting tool for most people but it is for me. I got a fantastic deal on an Ipod shuffle Friday. I absolutely love it for free motion quilting. I loaded several of my CD's onto it, plugged the ear buds into my ears and off I went.
Most of my sewing time for the past two days has been devoted to quilting the postcard wallhanging. I am almost finished with the quilting - had to stop because my back was starting to scream at me. I had hoped to finish the quilting tonight so I could work on the binding through the week but that isn't going to happen. When the body says stop, it is time to stop.
Today I also sorted through my scrap bin to see if I had enough strips to give this a try next weekend. I am still working on the sorting but I think I might have enough. I am a big football fan but the game doesn't start until Sunday evening and that leaves a lot of sewing time during the day.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I've looked at those ipod thingees (technical name!!!) too and wondered about them--are they hard to work/ What a good use for one!!

Debi said...

I also have one of those that I use for walking and of course when quilting on the frame! They are excellent!

JanJ said...

I love my Ipod Nano! I like to use it when sewing and I even take mine to work, but I just use one ear bud at work. Gotta be able to hear the co-wrokers. :)