background

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pretty In Pink

Here are the first of several Valentine Postcards I am making. I started with a little mini quilt of batting and fabric and stitched one of my Valentine inchies down over some yarn. I then added a bunch of seed stitches by hand using some of the Oliver Twist yarn used on the inchies and some pearl cotton. The edging is knitting yarns shared by some of my friends on the Art We Mail group. I used the same technique on this pair but added some french knots on the one on the left. I really like the romantic look these have. You will have to check back here on February 1st as I plan to give one of these away along with some other goodies.

3 comments:

Debi said...

Your postcards are beautiful, I love the pink/black combination.

Jan said...

Your cards are lovely, such beautiful colors!

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Myra - I absolutely love your valentine postcards - they are exquisite, beautiful colour and such delicate stitching and embellishing!