background

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow!

I awoke to this scene this morning. :o) I do love a little snow. Unfortunately, as is usually the case here in North Carolina, it quickly changed over to sleet and freezing rain. The trees are pretty now with a coating of ice but with the beauty comes the beastly threat of downed power lines. Several years ago we had a huge ice storm and were without power for 10 days with 2 young teenage boys in the house. Doesn't make for a fun time. I am praying we keep power and there are no accidents tonight.

I have been cutting a bit more of the Kiragami and am now caught up. Some of these are quite interesting and I will have to find a way to incorporate them into some sort of artwork. They are starting to get a bit more complicated already and some of them will require the use of a cutting mat and a craft knife.
I need to get busy tonight as I need to get the shaker cards addressed and in the mail as well as a few other things. I am hoping to sneak in a few minutes at the sewing machine too.

2 comments:

Jan said...

The snow is beautiful to look at, but I sure don't envy you the sleet and ice!! Take care of yourself and family and stay warm!!

Debi said...

What a pretty scene, but I would not like to be in it.