background

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Valentine Inchies


Ta Da! Finally some sewing to speak of. I finished these inchies for a Valentine swap on Fabric in Altered Art. I used some of the decorative stitches on my machine to couch Oliver Twist fibers onto the background. The little heart charms were found in the wedding section, and a few beads finished them up. I made extras to use on Valentine postcards. :o)



I got new glasses this week and they are PURPLE! This is very different from my old glasses, the rimless sort you really can't see. These also have a thin blue stripe on the arms and the arms are yellow. A tad funky for me I know but hey! You only live once right?!


I participated in a rust dyed fabric challenge on Anna's blog last month. She sent me some gorgeous rust dyed fabric and I made her something with it and kept the rest. Here is a picture of the tissue holder and key fob I created. I couched some hemp cord along the tissue holder and added some decorative stitching. She sent along some hand made metal beads which I also used on the key fob. It is tough to see in the picture (click on it to enlarge) but I also embroidered her name. I was pretty pleased with the way these turned out and I hope she was as well. The fabric with the rusted areas is so rich looking.

We are off to move my son back to college today. It is raining so should be lots of fun. (not!) Hopefully, I can sneak in more sewing this evening.

3 comments:

Debi said...

Your inchie is beautiful, love the hearts. Wow, the dyed fabric is gorgeous and really like the keyholder and tissue holder.

Jan said...

Love your new glasses!! You did good with the inches and key ring and tissue holder! The fabric looks like suede.

NanaK said...

Love your new glasses! Also, the header is great! The heart inchie is just too cute for words...great job! Rust things are really neat!