background

Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Cards

Quite often I find the need for a colorful card to send to a friend. Sometimes it is because they have been ill, sometimes they are feeling down and need a little cheer, and sometimes I like to send cards for no reason at all. These happy cards will fill in nicely.

I have been wanting to use this orange swirl fabric in a project for quite some time. I ran across the pretty ombre ribbon last week and immediately thought of this fabric.

I quickly pieced a few small pinwheels (the smaller ones are 2 inches square), added some beads and buttons, and voila!

I think these will work well for putting a bit of cheer in a friend's mailbox - don't you? :o)












3 comments:

Lise said...

Your friends are lucky!! The pinwheels are great - and you gave me an idea for some of my left over inchies......

NanaK said...

I love these and think they would bring lots of cheer to someone!

Jan said...

Your postcards send lots of cheer--I love the one you sent me with the cardinal on it--thanks. These pink ones will cheer up the mailman, too when he delivers them!!!