background

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Of Buttons and Friends



I am always looking for some quick handwork that I can do while watching TV. I don't watch all that much TV, just the important shows like Lost, American Idol, and Project Runway. :o) The idea of all that unproductive time just isn't me so I try to have something handy to justify all that sitting. I saw these Dorset buttons on JenClaire's blog and just had to give them a try. They are fun to make even if it did take me 3 tries to get the spokes to turn out correctly. I can see these as the "star" on some postcards in my future.


My dear friend Sheila surprised me with this mug hugger in the mail this week. She has a new embroidery machine and I just love what she is creating with it. Aren't these coffee cups with the steam the cutest? Oh, and it certainly doesn't hurt that it IS my favorite color - purple! Thank you so much Sheila!


And last but not least, the 2nd row of the Roosting Round Robin that Debi is facilitating. Of course this is just one block in the row. I am not sewing my blocks into rows just yet. Debi may beat me but I have an idea of mixing the blocks within the rows. I am going to wait until they are all done, put them up on my design wall as I have it pictured in my mind, and then see how it looks. I may end up sewing them into the original rows. Since it is a mystery, I won't know or be able to decide until all the blocks have been presented.

3 comments:

Debi said...

I can't wait to see what how you put your quilt together. I am not the least bit concerned you are not making a "row", but thrilled you are participating.

jenclair said...

Your buttons are great, Myra! And I love the mug hugger!

Jan said...

Your buttons are so pretty! What a neat idea for a mug holder! Are people so clever?!