background

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pay It Forward




I received this beautiful lavender scented sachet from Jen Claire this week as a result of signing up for her Pay It Forward Exchange. The hearts are embroidered on linen and the backing is a cotton fabric with red and khaki colored hearts. I just love it and it smells so good I want to carry it around in my pocket! Right now I have it sitting in my sewing room and it is making the whole room smell so peaceful and nice. Thank you Jen Claire!


Since no one signed up for my part of the Pay It Forward exchange (I am very new to blogging and was even newer at the time I signed up for the exchange), I have decided that I will just perform 3 random acts of kindness instead. I'll enclose a little note with my RAK's and encourage (not require) the recipients to perform a random act of kindness as well. I think the Pay It Forward exchange is a great way of spreading kindness and generosity across the globe and I hope my Random Acts of Kindness will do the same.

I finished these birthday cards last week and completely forgot to post a picture of them. This was an experiment with Photo Shop Elements and printing on fabric. I played around with backgrounds and text in Photo Shop and printed the image on plain white fabric. I used a few beads for embellishment and a varigated thread edgeing to finish them up.


I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

1 comment:

jenclair said...

I'm so glad you liked it, Myra! Love your idea for the birthday card!