background

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Wallhanging Finished!

I finished the postcard wallhanging last night. I really like it. :o) I used rather dull fabrics - a mottled blue, black, and cream so the wallhanging doesn't detract from the beauty of the cards. I wanted them to be the focus of this quilt.

I wasn't quite sure how to quilt this so I just winged it. I quilted straight lines in the thin sashings, put a heart motif in the wider sashings, made a simple criss cross in the windows, and meandered the outer border. Again, I didn't want to try anything fancy as the postcards are the stars here.

I want to thank everyone who visited my blog today as a result of the One World - One Heart event. I have accumulated quite a few names for my drawing and hope to see many more before the 14th. I browsed a few blogs of the participants and wowsa!, there are some talented artists here in blogland.

Today I worked on the beginning of some St. Patrick's Day postcards for a swap on Art We Mail. I wanted to get the machine sewing done so I can do the beading and handwork while watching the Superbowl tomorrow.

Tonight I plan to start sewing on Bonnie's scrappy bargello. Doncha just love the weekend? Time to sew!

10 comments:

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Myra - What a fabulous idea and what a great result. You were right to keep the background fairly neutral (sounds nicer than your word!!) - it really sets off the postcards in all their vibrancy and beauty!

Jan said...

What a neat way to display your postcards--they look beatuiful! Looks like you might have to make another one--this one is full!!!

katelnorth said...

Looks great - smaller than mine, but that's not a problem except that you'll have way too many postcards to fit in it!

NanaK said...

This is wonderful Myra and your cards fit in so nicely. Now you can enjoy them all at once! Great job!

Bonnie said...

This is such a great way to display your favorite quilt postcards! Great job!

Bonnie

Lise said...

Wonderful Myra!! I think I'll have to make one for my growing collection. Is it OK for you if I write a mail to "my" postcard group and give them the address to your blog?????

Sandy said...

What a great idea - thanks sew much for sharing
Sandy

Zippy said...

Great Idea.. I have only been making cards a few months and I was wondering how to display them..All the cards look beautiful.

Debi said...

Beautiful display. You have been tagged, please visit my blog!.

Moneik said...

That's a wonderful way to display postcards. I need to make something similar for mine.