background

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Adorably Lazy

Remember the patterns I won by participating in Pat Sloan's Sew A Long? The A-Door-Ables pattern by Lazy Girl Designs was one of them. I needed a couple of prizes/gifts for some challenges and these were perfect.


They are very fast and easy. They can be used as a gift in itself or be used as a container/pretty package to hold other little gifts. A-Door-Ables are designed to be hung on a doorknob and can be filled with dried or silk flowers to decorate your home.



As you can see I had to "bling" them up a bit. The purple one uses a double button - the outer gold rim is one button and the inner teal is another button sewn on top of the first one. I tied some glittery purple yarn around the button to add a little more interest. The yellow one uses a plain round gold button as well as a moon button sewn off to the side. I added some star sequins with beads in the center, some pearl-like strands of trim, and feathery yarn to finish it off.


I see a few more of these in my future. Wouldn't these make nice packages all done up in Christmas finery to contain some of those smaller Christmas gifts? In the smaller size you could even hang them on the tree until the gift giving festivities commence.


I realize I have been gushing about these Lazy Girl Designs but I just can't help myself. For the quilter like me who is accustomed to sewing patches all the time and taking months (sometimes years) to complete a project, the almost instant gratification I am getting from these patterns is making for some extremely enjoyable sewing time.


6 comments:

Jan said...

Your A-Door-ables are just that--adorable--I like the way you "gussied" them up--really added a lot to them!!!!

Gwyneth said...

These adorables are great. A lovely new idea for me.. It was great to see you had visited my blog, thank you for compliments.. I had a great birthday on Sunday and I am looking forward to a new creative year..

Debbi Baker said...

These are gorgeous Myra - no wonder you are gushing (a little bit)! Love your colour combos and the extra bling!

NanaKaren said...

Myra, I love these adorables! The colors are great. Wouldn't they make nice Christmas gifts in holiday fabric? Hmmmm...........

Karen

Quilting Journey said...

Too cute for words. I can see these popping up in a lot of our deams...and maybe even our futures!!!

Quilting Journey said...

On second thought, make that dreams not deams. Did I mention it's almost midnight in Oregon and 3 a.m. where you live? I need to be dreaming!