background

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mail Call!

This is the fabric I chose for my next handbag. It is from the Full Moon Forest line by Tula Pink for Moda. There are bits of nature "hidden" in each design. The paisley like pattern actually forms an owl which I hope to be able to center on a purse. The more solid purple has raindrops, the green is a squirrel tree, and the pink stripe is trees. Fun!




I received this lovely postcard from Lynn for the St. Patrick's swap on Art We Mail. You can't see in the picture that she added a layer of netting over the green that gives it a lot of dimension. I should have a nice display of cards for St. Patrick's Day next year to put in my hanger. :o)





And last, but certainly (certainly) not least, I got this gorgeous set of inchies from Debbi. She made a couple of extra sets for a swap she is in and offered the extras for trade on her blog. I sent her a package of "goodies" in return.

The picture doesn't allow you to see all the tiny details in each of these true one inch square works of art. The inchies I make are called plus size inchies as they are 1-1/2" square and they seem so much larger than these tiny inchies that are 1" square. I am looking for the perfect frame for these as I want to display them.

I stalled for a couple of days on my TAD. We are looking for a new house and that ate into my creative time in the latter part of this week. I will be back on track this weekend and should have some pictures to show for it tomorrow. Now, get off that computer and go sew something!

4 comments:

tulapink said...

Looks like you've got a ton o' fun ahead of you!

Debbi Baker said...

Love your bag fabrics - they look beautiful - especially live that one on the left. And your Miranda bag is incredible - beautiful workmanship!

Debi said...

Love the new fabrics, can't wait to see the new bag.

katelnorth said...

Love those inchies - I have a set from Debbi, too, (metallic theme) and they are really lovely. Will look forward to seeing your bag as those are great fabrics.