background

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Of Prizes and Presents


This past weekend Pat Sloan hosted a sew-in on her blog. Along with the sew-in she had prizes and even sent you on "road trips" to other blogs that were participating and offering prizes.

One of the "road trips" was to Joan Hawley's of Lazy Girl Designs. I am a big fan of Joan's and have made her Wonder Wallet and Checkbook Cover. She drew my name from the comments on her post and as a result I won two of her patterns. Since my comment was also the 1000th on her blog, she also sent me an extra pattern. I did a happy dance when I found I had won because I had been perusing purse patterns and want to make a spring purse for myself. The Miranda Day Bag is next on my list of projects. :o) Her patterns are very well designed with the quilter in mind and the directions are clear and concise.

I also received this bounty of buttons in the mail this week. KR in New York, a member of my Art We Mail group had offered to send some of her extra stash to anyone who would like to have it. I have very few buttons to use in my projects and it was very kind and generous of her to send these to me. I will certainly put them to good use.

I am so ready for the weekend but I have to work on Saturday so it will be a short one for me. Sigh...I remember a time when Easter meant a long relazing weekend.

2 comments:

Debi said...

Those Miranda bags are really pretty. Fellow blogger, Jen http://cre8tivequilter.blogspot.com teaches a class on these bags.

corina said...

Oh Myra, I am also dreaming of Miranda for some time now, lucky you!