background

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Feeling Sassy

I am just having too much fun with these bag patterns! This one is the Sassy Bag also from Lazy Girl Designs. It was very quick and easy to make.

While it isn't large enough for MY everyday use it is a great bag to use for a trip to the mall or when you will be walking around a lot and don't need to take the kitchen sink with you. It has two pockets inside and a large pocket across the back.

The fabrics I used are from Moda's Full Moon Forest line by Tula Pink. Did I mention before that I love her designs? :o)

I managed to center the owl perfectly on the front flap. I couldn't find any suitable "moon" buttons so I used these "sun" ones instead. I think they look pretty good with the browns in the fabric.

This was my final Thing A Day for the month of March. I did quite well on this challenge to myself and only missed doing
something creative two days out of thirty one.

My sewing time is probably going to be scarce for a while. We are looking for a new house and trying to get this one ready to sell. Not a lot of fun but something that has to be done.




6 comments:

Joan Hawley, Lazy Girl said...

Hi Myra,

Your Sassy Bag turned out beautifully! I love how you used the Full Moon Forest fabrics. I love Tula Pink's designs as well.

Great job!

Joan

Totty Teabag said...

Great use of the owl motif, Myra, and I love the colours you have used.

rattytatty@fsmail.net said...

Hi Myra your blogs lush. Love all your crafting. Hard to pick out a fav but love the inchies

Just thought I would tell you that the guitar card instructions will be on my blog on Saturday , oh and I have a challenge on my blog tommorow.

Debi said...

Great bag Myra, and those fabrics are awesome.

Peggy said...

I left a comment earlier I thot, but it didn't 'take' I guess. lol

I love your bag Myra and enjoy visiting your blog.

Peggy

corina said...

Dear Myra,
You are having a great time making bags! I love them! I did a bag myself this week, http://www.connectingthreads.com/books/vintage%20violets%20handbags_BD991265.html. A lot of fun, I agree!