background

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fiber Content

Yes, I do remember how to sew. I have been so busy I decided I needed some ME time. I decided to sit down and sew for a bit this week.

Isn't this little bird cute? I found the pattern for it and the bag below in the latest issue of Quilts and More.

N

On the home front.....check out this visitor to my wind chime. (Yes, it is really a wind chime given to me by my sister in law. Clever idea doncha think?)

I first thought he was a leaf that had somehow made its way upward. On closer inspection - LOL. He comes and goes and mostly stays here in the heat of the day. Click on the picture to get a better view. :o)

Don't forget about the Fall into Fall Quilters Blog Giveaway. I have been photographing my goodies this evening so I will be all ready to post my giveaway on the 1st. We still need more participants so get out a pretty fat quarter or two, tie a ribbon around them and join in.

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my! It took me a while to find the little fellow IN your wind chime. Brave guy, isn't he? And I think the chime is very clever! Your projects look great, BTW. Thanks for the link to the fall giveaway. I'm considering joining in.

Beth said...

That is too cool!

Linda said...

The wind chime is adorable! what a great idea! The newt/salamander/lizard thing... welllll.... LOL IT is a keeper that is for sure, just not sure I would want him running lose! LOL
Linda

Wilma NC said...

Myra, love the bird and bag, also the wind chimes.

Totty Teabag said...

I love the zingy turquoise you have used in your creations, Myra. Your visitor has chosen a good place to shelter from the rain.

Lise said...

Hello there! So glad you're back in blogland, have missed you.

Debi said...

Wow, love the bag, and the bird is so cute. The wind chime is very interesting, a cute idea. I am so glad to see you back in blogland.

NanaKaren said...

Myra, I love how your bird turned out. I'm planning to make one also, and maybe some for Christmas gifts. The bag is really nice. How cute your wind chime is...quite unique idea!

Myra said...

Thanks everyone for visiting. For some reason blogger hasn't sent your posts to my email so I haven't replied. I love all my blogging friends so don't think I ignored you.

I am glad to be back to blogging and have missed all of you too!

PunkiePie said...

I am making the same bag, hopefully this weekend. I can't wait to get started on it. It's a great pattern and seems very easy to follow. I love the fabrics you chose to use on the bag.

Jen :)