background

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Stitching


This week I ran across one of my bags of cross stitching supplies. Since we moved I am "finding" all sorts of things that I had forgotten about. I don't have enough time (or energy) to do much quilting through the week so I thought doing some stitching in the evenings would not only be relaxing but I wouldn't feel as if I was wasting so much time in front of the TV.

It has been quite some time since I did any cross stitch (early 90's?). I once did quite a bit of cross stitch and pulled thread work. I went surfing on the net to see what new things might be out there. Boy! Was I surprised. I wanted a new pattern to work with and I wanted it right then. I found this site and just loved her whimsical designs. I discovered that she sells her patterns for download and purchased this one.

While looking for the correct floss colors I found all these finished pieces you see on the left. (There are more) I really need to finish these into something to display. The top two will definitely be made into Christmas ornaments soon as I just joined an ornament swap. Still thinking on finishing ideas for the others. I have quite a few finished pieces framed, I really need to get those unpacked and hung on the walls.

What other kinds of needlework/crafts do you do?

3 comments:

pollyanna said...

Oh those are really adorable :) My mom does counted cross and I'm pouring over these patterns to see if there is anything I want her to play with :) I don't do counted cross stitch but sure love the way it looks!

Peggy said...

And, what a new world you have discovered! I love all the new threads that are available. I was collecting different ones for quite sometime and having all the colors was my goal. I used to do so much of that in the 90's as well. But, I don't think I can do that intricate work anymore. I look forward to seeing what you have done in the future!

Totty Teabag said...

Thank you for your kind comments about my stamping. I am a beginner at stamping, and will admit that I cheat...I don't suffer from blurring, bit I do get patches where the ink doesn't show up very well and I have to go over the lines with a pencil!