background

Sunday, November 30, 2008

After Thanksgiving




I hope all of you had an enjoyable time with your family and managed to eat just a little bit of your favorites this year. We had a great time visiting with family and eating way too much food.

Even Mr. Squirrel managed a feast of his own. I looked out the window early Thanksgiving morning and there were five squirrels feasting on the acorns in our front yard. I managed to snap a quick picture through the window before they were off to hunker down in their nest and rub their full tummys.








After dinner everyone is so stuffed and turkey makes us sooooo sleepy, we usually settle in for a wee little nap. As you can see, Glitter and Lola took our cue and shared the dog bed. (They really didn't need a cue or a hint, sleeping is what they both do best!)









Today I finished this Christmas ornament. The pattern is a freebie from Waxing Moon Designs that I blogged about a few days ago. I finished it as a little pillow, again with a longer hanger so it can be placed over a doorknob.
I pulled out some of my Christmas decorations this weekend along with all my Christmasy quilts and started placing some things around the house. It is fun having a new house to decorate. Money is a little tight this year so I won't be buying any new things, but I still have quite a bit accumulated and I am still making more things.
I am working on finishing another ornament and should have more pictures to show in a day or two.

4 comments:

pollyanna said...

What a delightful Thanksgiving you had and how fun to figure out how to decorate your new house! I do love that door hanging. You are going great guns on counted cross!

PunkiePie said...

Who does the doggie belong too?? I WANT! I WANT! My favorite breed in the whole wide world!

Jen :)

Wilma NC said...

Love the dog too! I need to check out the freebie cross stitch place. I used to do alot of that and would like to do some again. I love handwork.

NanaKaren said...

Sounds like a wonderful thanksgiving!

Aren't squirrels fun to watch? I've posted pics of some on my blog.

Your pets are adorable and I love their names!