background

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Is it Christmas already?


Is it just me or are all the stores starting Christmas extra early this season? I guess they think they best get a jump start since the economy is down right now but really! I started seeing Christmas things before Halloween this year.

I haven't been doing a whole lot in the quilty/stitchy area lately. I attended a conference last week and it took me forever it seems to get over the tiredness that the late nights and travel invoked. All I want to do is sit around on a quilt like Glitter is doing.


While I have been sitting I have been doing some cross stitch. This is a little freebie from Blue Ribbon Designs . I plan to make it into an ornament. I am also working on a snowflake scissor fob and a little turkey design for Thanksgiving. That is the wonderful thing about cross stitch - I can have several projects going at one time so when I tire of one set of colors, I can switch to another.
Since I would really like to have lots of Christmas as well as seasonal ornaments for my home, I have joined this group. I am hoping it will help to keep me focused and excited about stitching.
I am also working on some quilted Christmas ornaments for a swap. I will finish those up this weekend so they can go in the mail early next week.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Love your ornament--is that linen you are working on? Your kitty looks very satisfied with life!

Vonna said...

What a gorgeous kitty :)
And your Ornament is looking fantastic!

pollyanna said...

I love to sit around with a quilt like your kitty :) But you aren't doing that. You are busy with cross stitching! And this one is as marvelous as your last! How is settling into the house going?