background

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Swap Ornament


I got this gorgeous ceramic santa in the mail this week. It is from Kim on the Quilting Passion forum. (no blog that I know of) She does wonderful work on these ceramic ornaments and I just think he is so handsome. The picture doesn't pick up on the glittery paint in his beard very well. I am looking forward to hanging him on my tree this year.

When I received this ornament I thought....hmmmm.....something about him is familiar. So, I went digging through some of my Christmas stuff and sure enough! The snowman I have in my collection was made by Kim as well. She was my partner in a Secret Sister swap in 2006 and sent me this snowman ornament as part of my package.

I am busy working on my ornaments for the Quilting Passion Ornament swap. No, I am not late. It seems like everyone is mailing early and if I can get my rear in gear I will be about 2 weeks ahead of the mailing deadline myself. So....HA!

I finished up a turkey cross stitch I am working as part of a challenge and will have pics to show tomorrow. Who knows what else I might "brew" up in my sewing laboratory!?

I hope you are having a great weekend!



1 comment:

pollyanna said...

What a treat! Two ornaments from Kim! I'm enjoying seeing all these ornaments :) And on your previous post, I agree that the Christmas stuff is out early. My regular radio station keeps slipping Christmas music earlier and earlier...started 24/7 last weekend! Sheesh!