background

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Catching up


Wow! Where did this week go? I have felt UGH! all week long, still battling a bit of the flu. I did manage to do some stitching and finished this little guy into a frame today. He is from Oak Haven Designs. I joined the yahoo group and he is the first in a monthly stitch along. I just think he is the cutest with that little birdie on his head. He is stitched on Silkweavers 28 ct Ocean opalescent lugana with DMC threads. I took a $1.00 frame from the discount store, added a snowflake button and a bow and he was done!

Pollyanna gave me a fabulous blog award earlier this week. Thank you Polly! It makes me happy that someone actually reads my ramblings and likes looking at my stuff.

I am still trying to catch up with all my blog reading but duty calls. I have to do a little housework tonight so I can sit on my duff and stitch tomorrow. :o)

4 comments:

pollyanna said...

Thatis too cute! And a buck frame to boot! That is amazing how a little thing like a button and bow spruces it up. I do love the burdy on his head LOL Makes me laugh :)

pollyanna said...

And BTW, love the way you have spruced up the place for winter!

Jan said...

Love your little snowman and his birdie! Hope you are feeling better now!

Wilma NC said...

Another cutie. I was at a craft store yesterday and almost bought some counted cross stitch stuff, then realized that I have too many things to finish already, lol.