background

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Beginning

The past few days have been crazy here. Tuesday night I came home from work to find Ziggy limping on his right rear leg. He wouldn't put any weight on it at all. I examined him all over and couldn't find any wounds so I feared he had jumped from a tree or something and broken his leg. I made plans to take him to work with me on Wednesday to have him checked out.


Then, I got a call that baby Snowflake would be going to her new home on Wednesday. The rescue co-ordinator would pick her up at noon on Wednesday and drive her to Charlotte to her new home.


So at OH Dark Thirty Wednesday morning I loaded up a meowing cat and a crying puppy and off to work I went. After examination by the doctor (and with someone to help me hold Ziggy) we found a cut on the bottom of his foot that required 3 sutures. Since he has been an inside cat for so long, his pads haven't become tough like most outside cats. He spent Wednesday night at the hospital but is back home now.


Snowflake has a great new home and I'll admit I cried when she left me. She was a sweet puppy but I don't think I am quite ready for all the energy and work a new little one requires - I have too much cross stitching and sewing to do! LOL

The hog's jowls are boiling, the collards are washed and cut, and the blackeyed peas have been in the crock pot all day. Just have to pop the tenderloin in the microwave and the cornbread in the oven and we will be set for a New Year's feast!

2 comments:

PunkiePie said...

Oh. Goodbye Snowflake! I wish you were coming home to me! But I'm sure you will have another great family to love you!

Happy New Year Myra! I hope Ziggy feels better soon!

Jen :)

Simone de Klerk said...

I loved traveling through your blog! You make wonderful projects. Very inspiring.