background

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snowbuds Finished



This charming couple told me they needed a quilt since it has been so cold here so that is what I gave them! LOL Nothing really fancy here - I just added a border of tree fabric, quilted straight lines around the center cross stitch, added a thin binding, star charm, wire hanger and bow and this piece was finished.

I started working on a little piece that has hearts for Valentine's Day. I changed all the colors in the original chart so it will be interesting to see how it looks when finished.

I received a wonderful email from Pokua this morning telling me I had won her giveaway. She was giving away the cutest pinkeep and I just had to put my name in the pot. I am so excited that I won such a lovely piece. Go have a look at her blog she does beautiful work.

The roast is in the crock pot and I am inside staying warm today, no plan to do anything but be lazy and eat and stitch and perhaps take a nap. Ahhhh, my idea of the perfect Sunday afternoon. Stay warm everyone!

3 comments:

Wilma NC said...

What a nice little hanger Myra. I love those. I went to the blog to see what you won. What a neat pinkeep. Congrats.

PunkiePie said...

What a very cute little quilt hanging. I just love it. The pinkeep that you won is very pretty.

Stay warm! We're finally out of the below zero temps. WOOHOO!

Jan said...

Love your little wall hanging! Youu did a great job! COngratulations on your win!