background

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snowbuds

"Snowbuds"
Bent Creek Designs
28 ct Navy Lugana, DMC & Gentle Art Threads


Isn't this just about the happiest couple you have ever seen? Now I just need to decide how I want to finish them. I am leaning towards putting them in the center of a little quilt. I finished the stitching last night, appropriate since our temps are headed for the single digits tomorrow. Brrrrr! I don't know if I am ready for that kind of cold just yet.
I learned a lot from this design.
--- 1 is not the same as
--- an upside down triangle is not the same as a right side up triangle
--- my eyesight isn't as sharp as it once was (navy is dang hard to see when used as a background)
--- when they say to cut your fabric 3 inches larger all the way around, you really should. Or at least 2 inches all around anyway.
Yes, there are mistakes here but unless you have the chart beside you or you have stitched this one yourself I don't think they are noticable. I still think they are really cute!
Stay warm!

3 comments:

Vonna said...

They are cute! Good going :)

PunkiePie said...

Very cute!

pollyanna said...

=Oh yes this is one cute couple! They are looking pretty sbuggly for being so cold! Hope you are staying warm!