background

Monday, February 9, 2009

Still Stitching


Here is another little piece I finished to display this month. It is part of the SAL at Oak Haven Designs. I used a 28 count linen and DMC varigated thread. The hearts on the frame are sequins which were glued on another $1.00 frame from Wal-Mart. :o)

I also managed to stitch the little reindeer below for my Seasonal Ornament SAL this month. This is a free design from Daffycat stiched on 14 ct blue marbled aida with DMC threads. I used red beads and a little jingle bell for his collar.


I started stitching on the March portion of the OHD SAL yesterday.
It is a design with St. Patrick's Day in mind and I love me some St. Patrick's Day stitching.

We had a beautiful weekend here, temps in the 60's and sunshine. I didn't get to enjoy much of the outdoors but it was nice to leave the doors and windows open for some fresh air. I hope it is a little warmer in your neck of the woods too!

5 comments:

PunkiePie said...

Very cute! You are just whipping these little pieces out, aren't you? And having a good time to boot!

Erynne said...

You're so efficient! You get so much done!
I love the hearts design in the frame! So fun!
I have that little reindeer pattern as well...so sweet!

Jan said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love what you do with the little frames!

pollyanna said...

You are just going great guns with your needlepoint. These are so cute and beautiful. That box is just gorgeous!

Also sending positive energy to our friends in Australia~~~

NanaKaren said...

Very pretty work!