background

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Biscornu



Malinda received the biscornu I stitched for her for the Tiny Treasures Exchange so I am safe in showing a picture of it now. :o)

I used a pattern from Cross Stitch Happy on 28ct tea dyed Monaco. I used the DMC floss as charted. I did not enjoy stitching with the Light Effects floss (the sparkly one) as I found it very abrasive and prone to tangling. It does give a very nice effect to the dragonfly motif so I suppose it was worth the trouble.

I would like to have one of these for myself but I don't think I am up to stitching another one of these right now. Maybe again in a month or two...

9 comments:

Yoyo said...

Well it turned out just beautiful!!! I'm with you, I'm not over fond of stitching with the light effects but it does make a nice piece. I love the design you chose here!

Crispy said...

Oh that is soooo pretty Myra!! Where did you learn to make these? Is there someplace with a free tutorial or a site that has books on them?

Crispy

PunkiePie said...

That is too cool, Myra! Very pretty!

Ann said...

Gorgeous biscornu Myra, I admired it when it was shown at TTE blog, the Light Effects was definitely worth the trouble! Was it the finishing that aggravated you? I find that the difficult part of these biscornus.

Jan said...

Your biscornu is beautiful! I don't know how you do it--each one you do is lovely!

NanaKaren said...

Amazing! You must have great vision and a lot of patience!

Berit said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! It made me happy to know that someone read about all my hard work, lol!

As for this Biscornu, I admired it instantly upon seeing it on the TTE blog! It really looks so nice; you did an awesome job! I am finishing up the last bit of my own biscornu to send out (have to decide if I really added enough stuffing and sew up his little "mouth" And, of course, the button.

I have a chart that calls for this light effects floss in my future, and I have been dreading it a bit. I can imagine it "catches" on itself.

Thanks for letting us see this great finish--I have been longing to see it ever since kind Sharon first posted it on xstitch happy. :D

Wilma NC said...

Those are so cute!!! They look hard.

Carol said...

Hi Myra--Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Your stitching and blog are lovely, too... Check back on my blog for details on the "Painted Egg" design...hope it helps :)