background

Monday, March 23, 2009

A Stitchy Update

Hello! I hope you all had a great weekend and managed to do some stitching or sewing. I worked and was busy with house things but since my last update I did finish a few things.

First is the April piece from the Oak Haven Designs SAL. I looked in several stores and couldn't find a frame I liked so I made my own. I used Peltex covered in fabric for the frame and used a bit of purple cording to further frame the design. I think it turned out okay for my "on the fly" effort. :o)




Next, I finished stitching the May piece from OHD. I am thinking I may finish this one up as a pinkeep.


And last but not least, I finished the stitching on the tin top for the Just Nan Snow Tin. I really love the way the colors pop on this one. I have started stitching on the needle mitten and hope to finish it up this week.





We had a gorgeous weekend weather wise but I didn't get to enjoy too much of it. I am hoping this coming weekend will be nice and warm and I can get outside and get my hands dirty working in the yard.
I hope everyone has a good week! Remember to set aside a little time for stitching and or sewing. :o)

3 comments:

Crispy said...

Oooo your cardinal piece is really lovely!! Your "fly by the seat of your pants" frame turned out great too.

Crispy

Vonna said...

Such pretty finishes :) I love the just Nan piece!

Jan said...

Love all your pieces--especially the cardinals--they are so sweet! You always do such nice work!