background

Monday, April 20, 2009

Fostering



I have a new Boxer I am fostering for Four Seasons Boxer Rescue. He is approximately 2 years old and is a real sweetie. He is happy go lucky about anything as long as you love and pet him. He has had 5 or 6 names in the short time he has been with the rescue - I am calling him Woody.

I really didn't know if it would work out or not but Lola is tolerating him very well. (She is a bulldog after all) She even tried to play with him yesterday but the poor thing doesn't seem to know how to play. He will run after a ball for a short distance but doesn't try to pick it up, he just comes back to my side.

He was an owner surrender at a high kill shelter and was very fortunate to have a friend at the shelter who called the rescue. He is heartworm positive and will be undergoing heartworm treatment in the next couple of weeks. I just can't understand how someone could dump such a handsome, lovable pup. You can tell he is worried about being abandoned again as he takes every step I take - into the bathroom, back and forth to the laundry room, LOL he is always watching me and by my side. He is very thin so will stay here throughout his treatment and until he is adopted so we can fatten him up and give him all the love he can stand. :o)
Sharing a secret with his new sister.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Woody does look like a sweetie!

Irene said...

Woody and Lola do make a nice looking pair. I do hope he finds a good home.

Crispy said...

You have a good heart Myra. Poor guy....at least he's landed in a loving home.

Crispy

PunkiePie said...

He is a handsome boy. Wish I could take him home.

Raquel said...

Good luck with Woody, he looks gorgeous, and if I lived close by I'd probably take him. My own little Dakota needs a playmate, and she follows me around everywhere as well. I guess that's what rescue dogs do until they know for sure they're safe and not going to be abandoned again. Mine was a street dog from the moment she was born, but she's now got a loving home.

Carol said...

Hi Myra! Thanks for stopping by my blog... It looks like you have your hands full with both a boxer and a bulldog. Hopefully this new dog will help fill some of the void left by your little Bogey. Believe me, I know that empty feeling in your heart after the loss of a cat--he sure was a cutie.