background

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This and That


I think everyone in blogland stitched this little sampler for Blackbird Designs first contest. I thought it was cute and decided to stitch like a maniac and put my name in the hat too. I didn't win the prizes but I did win by getting a lovely pattern and finished sampler. I plan to frame this in a dark colored frame and hang it on the wall by my fireplace.
Woody went to a new home last Friday. (gosh I am behind with my blogging) His new "parents" just love him and think he is the best. I am so happy for him and I am glad I could give him some of my love for a short time. Of course, I got lots of love and kisses from him too. :o) He will never again have to worry about having a full stomach, a soft place to sleep, or a place to get warm and that makes me feel wonderful.
We are still missing our dear Bogey. His ashes were returned yesterday and I had another little cry. I wrapped the container in the little quilt I made for him shortly after he came to live with us and placed it in a nice wooden box my son and I purchased. You could almost always find him sleeping on that quilt at some point during the day so I decided it should retire with him. I find myself looking for him when I get up in the morning or when I come home from work.
I am still stitching on Bushel and will post another progress picture soon.

2 comments:

Crispy said...

I think you are right about everyone stitching that cute little sampler, I would have too if I had any fabric to stitch it on, your sample is lovely.

Hooray for Woody!! It's too bad there aren't stronger penalties for bad pet owners.

Crispy

Berit said...

This is so cute!
I have seen it around, but I didn't know there was anything like a contest going on! I'm such a newbie! :)

Wow! Woody got adopted FAST! That is really great--I remember you saying that he was following you around because he was "worried". Poor thing; we had a dog we "found" that was like that too. Way out from civilization, obviously dumped.