background

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. We are planning a nice relaxing cook out later this evening. I am going to sit my butt on the sofa and watch Pride and Prejudice and then tune in to the Deadliest Catch marathon on the Discovery channel this afternoon. My kind of Mother's Day! LOL

Here is a snap of my progress on La-D-Da's Bushel and a Peck. I have finished all the flowers and the inner border. All that is left is the scroll work and the outer border. I am a bit bored with this piece as the colors are somewhat drab so I started stitching on this. Bright and happy colors - just what the doctor ordered. LOL I will stitch on this for about a week and then rotate between the two. I finished my floss tag for the Tiny Treasures Exchange but can't show a pic of it yet.

And last but not least, I found this wonderful wood box at Bed Bath and Beyond on the clearance table. It was marked $4.98 and I had a 20% off coupon so I got it for $3.98. Deal! I am always marvelling at the bargains some folks get so I was excited to find one of my own. I would like to find a pretty sampler to stitch that would fit the top which measures 7-1/2 x 11 inches. Anyone have any ideas for patterns?


6 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too, Myra! I love your latest stitching and what a deal you got on that wooden box. I'll have to check out our Bed Bath and Beyond, too! Have a great day...

Berit said...

Wow; you have already finished the TTE floss tag!? And here I was priding myself on having made an "early start". lol! I actually finished up the first side before putting it down Saturday morning! Now, I have to finalize my plans for the other side! (Yes, I'm making 2 sides...)

Bushel and a Peck is looking great, but yet I can understand your need for a diversion! I find that my taste for a piece OFTEN runs out before my "stitching mojo" in any given day (yes, even)! So, this has given me a reason to "start everything"! I have so many WiPs, and I am actually happy about it! Can't wait to see those xstitch happy humming birds you're making. If memory serves, someone from TTE stitched the Hummingbird Biscornu before--was it you?

PunkiePie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! Great bargain you found!

Crispy said...

Well inspite of your feelings on the colors for the bushel and peck piece, it is very lovely. Love the box, the first thing that popped into my head for a pattern was roses....A larger flower in the midde with leaves and a rose bud border. I don't know why, it just seemed right to me, maybe I saw something like it once and admired it.

Crispy

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

I really like your Bushel and Peck embroidery. But I agree with you the colors are good for that piece but I would be missing my bright colors!
The box was a great find. Hope you find a nice pattern for the top of it.

Hugs

jenclair said...

Love the Bushel and a Peck! I sang this to my children all the time, and now they sing it to theirs.