background

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Two weeks!

Time flies when you are having fun, right? That is what I keep telling myself anyway.

I managed to finish this biscornu and just love the colors. It is stitched on 32 count opalescent raw linen with DMC threads. The pattern is by Cross Stitch Happy. I like the dragonfly biscornu I made for an exchange so much I just had to give this one a go. I think the green flower button I used on the bottom suits it quite well.

A lot has happened here in the past two weeks. I had a toothache Mother's Day weekend and went to the dentist first thing Monday morning. I had an infection at the root of a molar I had crowned 4 years ago. An appointment was scheduled for Tuesday for a root canal.


When I arrived home from the dentist Ziggy was limping around and his paw was swollen. Off to the vet we go. He had to be sedated because he
wouldn't let us touch that paw. We discovered
he had been bitten by a snake. Antibiotics, pain meds, and a draining of the abscess and the Assassin is as good as new.
This past Tuesday, my son came home from work to witness Ziggy tangling with a raccoon on our front porch. The racoon was trying to steal Ziggy's food. Thankfully, the racoon ran off and we now bring all of Ziggy's bowls in at night.
I am still stitching on Bushel and a Peck and trying to decide on another small project to work on as well. Perhaps a scissor fob to match the biscornu? I have my floss tag for the Tiny Treasures exchange ready to mail - it will go out on Tuesday.

I will leave you with a picture of the newest member of the Doggie NBA. LOL I love how I captured her ears flopping up as she was running in for a slam dunk!

2 comments:

Totty Teabag said...

Very pretty!

Crispy said...

The biscornu is just lovely and I think it needs a matching fob LOL.

Oh goody a root canal, as much as I hate dentists a root canal never hurt as much as people said it would, so I'm keeping positive thoughts for you.

Poor Ziggy....mother nature isn't being so nice.

Crispy