background

Friday, June 19, 2009

A couple of finishes

Perhaps I should label this post "the one in which Myra proves she is a dork". I finished the "Smell My Feet" piece by La-D-Da into a little pillow. It was only when I was stitching on the last bit of the cording around the edge that I noticed I totally left off about 25 stitches! What a dummy! I honestly believe this piece was doomed. First the dye running from the silk floss and now this. I thought (for about 5 seconds) about taking it apart and adding the stitches but with the dye run I decided to leave it. I'll just pile it up with other Halloween ornaments this year and maybe stitch it again (with different floss) next year. Yet another lesson learned. The purple fabric in the pic was used as the backing for the pillow.

I also finished Blackbird Designs "Petites Lettres Rouges" into a pillow. I found this perfect rose fabric in my stash. It matches the floss color perfectly and really looks pretty sitting on my old sewing machine table.


I started stitching a Christmas ornament from the latest JCS issue so will be working on that this weekend. I also have quite a bit of work to do in my garden this weekend, weeding and mulching, but with the temps predicted to be in the upper 90's I don't know how much of that I can stand.
Have a great weekend everyone! Take some time to do some stitching whether it's cross stitch, quilting, or some other creative vice. :o)

4 comments:

Berit said...

These look so good, Myra! I'm positively DROOLING over that purple fabric--looks fantastic! (Halloween Stitching is my favorite!) If you left of stitches, I don't notice it! I also love your finish on the sampler pillow--I've been seeing this one around, but your colour choice and finishing really stands out.

Irishenchantment said...

wow looks good myra you sure have been busy looking forward to seeing the christmas ornament

Cole said...

Great finishes! Petites Lettres Rouges looks beautiful!

Crispy said...

That witch must have cast a spell on you, maybe she didn't want everyone to know she had stinky feet LOL. The sampler is just lovely.

Crispy