background

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Does anyone want this?

As I was organizing some of my old (and I do mean old) cross stitch stuff I came across this WIP. I am never going to finish this piece. There are too many other things I want to stitch and I am a slow stitcher. I started to just cut off the unstitched fabric and toss the partial stitching but it occurred to me that someone might like to finish it up.

This is a Paula Vaughn design and I have stitched about 25% of the design. The cut of fabric measures 24"x18" and I believe it is 28 count Lugana. It really is a beautiful design, it just doesn't suit my taste anymore. The chart shows some wear along the fold lines but it perfectly fine otherwise. You would need to supply the floss - it is charted for DMC.

If you would like this to come to your home so you can finish it up, please leave a comment on this post. If more than one person speaks up, I will do a random drawing Friday 6/12. I have included another picture of the cover of the chart so you have a better idea of the finished piece.


Both pictures should be clickable if you really want to take a better look. :o)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Myra,

I have an aunt who quilts and would love to try and finish this as a gift for her.

Crispy said...

Oooo, I would like to be put into the drawing for this piece Myra. Cross stitching is what I do when I don't quilt and the subject matter is perfect.

Thanks for offering the piece.

Crispy

Berit said...

It's probably a bigger mouthful than I could chew, but I've seen this piece before and coveted it. I'll take your drawing as a sign and enter it. If I win, it's a mission!

Thanks for passing on this WIP! It would be fun to have a "partnership" sort of cross stitch piece that more than one person did. There is a fun Halloween round robin that's finishing up somewhere on the net!

Carol said...

It's funny how tastes change over the years, isn't it Myra? I, too, have a lot of Paula Vaughan designs, but know I'll never stitch them (so don't enter me in your drawing!)... So sorry to hear about the black bleeding in your "Smell My Feet" finish, too. That happened to me once with some black overdyed on a small ornament--but it was nothing near the size of your piece...