background

Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Next Big One

Finished and framed! I know ya'll are probably tired of seeing this one but I just had to post a pic of it framed and on the wall. I thought this antiquey gold frame suited the piece and with the border I didn't feel it needed a mat. Lemme tell you the professional framers of the world don't have to worry about me taking their job. I used foam core board and pins to attempt to center it for framing and it took me FORRR-EVVV-ERRRR before I was satisfied. It is still a little wonky but I can live with it. There is a lot of debate about whether to use glass over your needlework. I did not use glass on this one. I figured if I decided I wanted to put glass in, I can always do that later and besides, I really like the no glare look without glass.


Now, for the next big project. My son gave me the $ to purchase this for Mother's Day. Isn't this painted linen gorgeous?! I fell in love with the chart the minute I saw it. It has trees, birds, and dogs - three of my most favorite things. :o) It will probably take me a year to finish this one as I am such a slow stitcher. I also get bored very easily so will be stitching lots of smalls in between working on this. I already know where I will hang it and I already know it WILL be professionally framed. LOL
I do not want to use the overdyed floss as charted and have been experimenting with Vikki Clayton silks. She sent me a sample and I am putting it to the test. (That run I had on Smell My Feet really makes me hesitate to use anything but plain old DMC) She also offers her silks in a premium floss which means I would only have to use one strand with no railroading for this piece. So far, I am very pleased with this floss. Once I have finished testing I will post my results here.
Only one more day until the weekend!

7 comments:

PunkiePie said...

Bushel and peck look great and I can't wait to see you get started on the new piece. That's going to look awesome!

Crispy said...

Oh Myra, the frame is just perfect for the Bushel and Peck piece. You did such a beautiful job on it. You know, reading your blog is just making my fingers itch to do some cross stitching.

I have a question, you said something about no railroading for the piece. I'm not familular with this term....

Crispy

Irishenchantment said...

i love that fabric its so pretty and the colours will work perfectly with the design :_

Marie-P said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am glad that you did...it gave me the opportunity to follow you to your blog which is wonderful!!!
I love your latest LA-D-DA finish. Your work is beautiful and I think you did a great job mounting your piece. When having designs framed I always ask them to put "spacers" in so that the glass does not sit on top of the stitched piece.

Carol said...

Myra, what a great new project for you! I've never seen that one before. With all the dogs barking around the trees it is just perfect for an animal lover like yourself... (Good luck with all of those green leaves, though--YIKES!!!)

Erica said...

Beautiful job on this, and lovely framing as well!

Peggy Lee said...

I've stitched Bushel and a Peck and recently framed it. I frame all my own projects and most always use non-glare or museum glass when possible. It can be very frustrating when pinning it on the foam board but it's so expensive to have them professionally done!