background

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Upsetting



I just couldn't leave well enough alone. I finished the stitching on "Smell My Feet" tonight and decided to rinse it in cold water to remove the wrinkles. Well guess what?! The (*&#@)! black silk floss bled all over! I am so upset. I even washed the floss before I used it and it didn't show any color loss in the water. I loved stitching with the silk, it was like sewing with butter but I doubt I will be using this brand again.

Lesson learned. I am just glad it is a Halloween piece and hope everyone will think it gives it more of a "spooky" look in the finish piece.

<<<>>>

4 comments:

Crispy said...

Oh Myra, how disappointing!!! Have you tried gently hand washing it with a color catcher....if you didn't press it or anything...

Crispy

PS - I LOVE the name of this piece.

PunkiePie said...

Oh what a bummer!! I'm so sorry that happened!

Berit said...

Oh, how disappointing! Drats! Was it the Belle Soie that bled? How terrible! It Looks good, however... I just LOVE Halloween stitching!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Myra, what a pity that your stitchery got damaged by the black thread. :(
Hope you find a way to fix it.