background

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Holiday Confusion


My husband was watching me finish this ornament today and told me he thought I was suffering from Holiday Confusion. LOL I am trying to get back in my habit of finishing one Christmas ornament per month and needed to make up for a month or two.
This one is stitched on the fabric I dyed with strawberries. I changed all the flosses on this chart and used a green and red DMC color variations floss along with white Rainbow Gallery Fuzzy stuff. The original chart had dove buttons but I decided to just use a star button on top of the tree. It is finished as a pillow ornament.
I went to the farmer's market this morning and bought fresh corn, tomatoes, and peaches. I had my first tomato sandwich of the summer and boy was it good! I made creamed corn this evening and cooked squash out of my garden for a squash casserole tomorrow.
After I returned from the farmer's market I went out to my garden
to do a little weeding. I just happened to look up and saw what appeared to be 2 large eyes staring back at me. I had to run back inside to grab my camera because I had never seen anything like this before. Does anyone know what kind of bug this is? He/She was on one of my tomato plants but didn't appear to be eating on the leaf. He/She is about 1-1/2 inches long. Pretty scary looking isn't it?

7 comments:

Crispy said...

I made a lot of those stuffed felt blocks for our tree, since I don't decorate for Christmas anymore I gave them all to the kids for their trees.

Cute ornament...but one ugly bug ICK LOL.

Crispy

Totty Teabag said...

Cute bug! It looks like Alaus oculatus
"Eyed Click Beetle"
Family: Elateridae

Totty Teabag said...

I forgot to say it is what a Wireworm grows into! It's been happily chomping away on your vegetable roots for a couple of years...

PunkiePie said...

I would have ran into the house screaming! And probably would have gotten the camera too. The ornament is very cute!

Jan said...

Love your tiny ornament Christmas tree and the little picture is so sweet---I love those sheep too!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Love your Christmas ornament. I don't know what kind of bug that is but it does look as though it is looking straight at you. :(
I am not a fan of bugs but that one would have made me run inside to get my camera too. :)

Anonymous said...

It's a click beetle of some sort. There are about 500 kinds on the continent, thousands world-wide. Harmless, but a little startling when they click.