background

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Santa Claus is Coming


Are you aware there are only 147 days until Christmas? Bwah ha ha ha! I knew you wanted to be told that today.

Here is the 1992 Prairie Schooler Santa I stitched on 28 ct Glass Blue Monaco w/DMC floss. This one is destined to be part of my DH's Christmas present as he is an avid fisherman. I think he will get a kick out of this Santa who looks a little like The Old Man of the Sea with his fish, lobster, corks, and pole.

I am adding this chart to my trade list if anyone is interested.

6 comments:

Berit said...

Great finish!~

I've been making some christmassy ornaments lately, too! I need to take photos (hate it) and blog 'em. I also really want to start Homespun elegance's 2009 ornie "Santa Arrives Tonight". I started early on ornies b/c I feared I wouldn't have 'em done if I waited for the holiday season--but now I'm on such a roll for them that I think I might "run out" and not have any left for the season itself!

At this rate, I'll miss halloween stitching entirely, and spend my post-thanksgiving time lounging by the tree...sipping cider...stitch bats, mummies, jack-o'-lanterns and black cats! lol

Vonna said...

Oh he's so pretty and lovely on that fabric color choice! Good going you!

Carol said...

Only 147 days 'till Christmas? Groan... At least I am way ahead in my ornament making this year :)

I love your Santa fisherman Myra--he'll be a perfect gift for your husband...

Jan said...

What a great Santa! Now I suppose that Mrs Claus gets to clean fish and fix them for supper!!!! LOL!!! You did a great job!!!

PunkiePie said...

Cute cute! Love this Santa. I really need to get on the ball and start stitching again.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Myra,

Love the Santa! I am sure your DH will love it.

Hugs