background

Friday, July 3, 2009

TGIF!


Whew! I am so glad this week is over. I am soooo ready for the weekend. It was very busy at work this week and I am ready for a little R&R.


I stopped in at the Goodwill store today and picked up a couple of goodies for 69 cents. :o) I know it isn't Halloween yet but one has to be ready when the time comes. I thought this basket with the bats swinging around was just cute and will be a nice addition to my decorations this Halloween. The frame isn't as gold as the lighting makes it look in the picture. It is more of a brushed nickel type finish on wood. The piece in it isn't of my taste but I can sure use the sweet frame for a bit of my stitching. For another 69 cents I just couldn't pass it up. It is a custom frame as it has the sticker from the frame shop on the paper on the back. The little easels are great for displaying pinkeeps and ornaments and I got a package of three of them for 99 cents. They are $1.50 each at my Hobby Lobby. I just love it when I find a great deal on something I can really use.
I hope to have a new finish to show you tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Marie-P said...

Great finds at your local GW store. I love to stop in these shops and see if I can find any "finishing treasures" ~ you can't beat the prices.

Happy 4th to you!

Crispy said...

Wow the price was certainly right on your finds. I've decided that I have to start being on the look out for frames for my stitcheries. I hope I find as good of deals as you have.

Crispy

Carol said...

What great treasures you found Myra! I'll have to start checking out my Goodwill store to see what I can find...

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

That Halloween basket is so nice. I am sure it will look lovely with the rest of your Halloween decorations for this year. It would look great with lots of candy or little pumpkins!