background

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dyeing Again



Since I didn't have any green fabric on which to stitch my witch boot (say that 5 times fast!) a quick dyeing session was in order. I just took some of the small cuts of fabric I had on hand and off I went. Since I was at it, I decided I needed some black and some purple? too. Yes, the one on the far left is my attempt at purple but it turned out a denim blue. Oh well, it will work well for a night sky sort of feel anyway.

From left to right: 32 ct Belfast Linen, 28 count Monaco Evenweave, 32 ct Belfast Green, 32 Belfast Black, and 28 ct Monaco Black. I used Rit powder dyes for the blue and black and Dylon Jungle Green. I was worried my green wouldn't be the green I wanted but I think it turned out perfectly.

Now to get stitching!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Beautiful colors!

Nita said...

The 32 count Belfast green is screaming at me, "You've got to try this!"
I'm a Nervous Nita when it comes to dyeing.
All the fabs are fabulous!
Can't wait to see your stitching on some of them.

Ranae said...

Beautiful dye job, they look great.

PunkiePie said...

beautiful colors, Myra! You did a great job with the dyeing.

Crispy said...

Well done Myra, love the middle green. I wouldn't even know where to begin to dye fabrics :0)

Crispy

Carol said...

Oh, you are brave to try dyeing, Myra! Is it very messy? I really should give it a go with some of the odd scraps of fabric I have laying around!

Daffycat said...

Awesome dyeing results! I love seeing how each piece turns out...you just never know until it's done.

Lana said...

Love the dyeing job!! Those colors came out beautifully!!!

Raquel said...

Hi there, great results, if you want purple, using blackberries is the best. Check out my blog, have some fabric there that I died with blackberry (http://raquelinportugal.blogspot.com/). You only really need about 1 or 2 handfulls for the results I got.

a dancing needle said...

I love your colors. I have never done this before but I am seriuously thinking about trying my hand at it, any helpful hints?? Keep up the great work!
Thank you,
Erin