background

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer Saturday

Whoo hoo! My silks arrived from Hand Dyed Fibers today and I can hardly wait to start stitching with them. I also ordered one of the 35 ct linen grab bags in neutrals and the picture above is what I received. I am so excited to finally have some cross stitch fabric stash. These are super lovely and you can see I got a nice assortment of colors.

I finished this patriotic pillow today. As I was putting out my decorations for the 4th of July this year I realized I had NO patriotic cross stitch pieces. It just so happens that Handcrafts Online
was having a wonderful free shipping 4th of July sale and I snapped up the chart for this. She also sent along a free floss and a Patriotic Prairie Schooler pattern which I plan to have stitched before our next Independence Day rolls around.
"Land That I Love"
Birds of a Feather
DMC & WDW Dolphin
32 count Silkweaver French Vanilla Swirl
"Ya'll come back now, ya hear?!"

6 comments:

Dee said...

Oooooooo...those silks are beautiful.

I just finished a Land That I Love too, but mine was from Shepherd's Bush. Yours is adorable.

Crispy said...

Oh Myra, the silks are just lovely...careful not to get any drool on them LOL.

Love your patriotic piece!!

Crispy

Ranae said...

I see the fabric but not the silks, lol
You got alot more of the 35ct then me. I only received four colors in my grab(I had to go back at my blog and see to remember), lol. I just started a fall design last night on one of them.
I love the darling BOAF pillow finish.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Myra,

Love the silks. Nice muted colors.
I also love your Fourth of July piece. Now you are all ready for next year. :)
Please visit my blog to see my Poetry Birds, don't forget to read the poems. :)Leave a comment too please.

Hugs

Berit said...

gorgeous grab bag--and what a great finish! Do you order from handcrafts online often?

BeckySC said...

AS you can see Myra, I am having a wonderful time ooohing and aaaahing over your gorgeous stitching and finishing and this pillow is AWESOME!!!!

I am so glad you stopped by my blog yesterday for a visit-which in turn led me to your wonderful blog :)