background

Friday, August 14, 2009

TGIF!


Whew! What a whirlwind week at work. I am so glad it is Friday.

I participated in a Christmas in July exchange on the Brookes Books yahoo group and received this lovely ornament from Sharon. She said it is adapted from a Shepherd's Bush design. She used my favorite Christmas colors of red, green, and gold. It is backed with a lovely green velvet that feels so soft. I just love it! Another beauty to go on my tree this year.
I finally found my partner in the Tiny Treasures floss tag exchange and was disappointed to find out that my fob never arrived. I also sent her some pretty bird fabric and some floss to go along with the fob. I will be busily stitching another for her this weekend so I can send her a new package next week. You can bet I will put delivery confirmation on this one!
I am anxiously awaiting my silk flosses from Hand Dyed Fibers so I can make a start on Dogs Day out. Vikki was so very helpful when I sent her an email asking to help me with a conversion from the Weeks Dye Works flosses to her silks. I can hardly wait to see them.
That's it for now my friends. I noticed I have a 200 post blogging milestone coming up soon. Seems like a good time for a giveaway. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Ranae said...

What a sweet exchange finish.
Ahh! It's too bad yours got lost, hopefully it will show up.
Love HDF!!

Crispy said...

The ornament is lovely!!

It's a shame about the package getting lost...darn post office!! I'm sure you redo will be just as lovely.

Crispy

Carol said...

What a lovely ornament you received Myra! I have yet to participate in an exchange, but it sounds like fun (unless the post office loses your stitching!). Have a great weekend...