background

Friday, August 21, 2009

A Tree Trunk & A Chipmunk!



Here is a snap of my progress on Dog's Day Out. Please excuse the wrinkles. I have been stitching this in hand but I think I am going to try stitching it in a hoop for a while because my shoulder is killing me today. I don't know if the hoop will make a difference but it is worth a try. For a piece this large, I think a scroll frame would really be better but I don't have one of those right now so a hoop it is.

Apples are coming in at the orchard and DH and I picked Honeycrisp, Gala, and Courtlands today. They also had a few late season peaches left so we picked enought of those to make a cobbler (or two!). It was unbearably hot and humid so we made haste with our picking and came home to the AC realquicklike!

Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Daffycat said...

Wow! Excellent progress! I love the cute chipmunk!

Crispy said...

Wow I love the fabric you are working with, did it come with the pattern? Too bad we don't live close to eachother, I would loan you one of my scroll frames. I don't know that I even own a hoop anymore, but I can't get my stitches nice doing it by just holding the fabric. You do such nice work Myra.

Crispy

Carol said...

YAY--You've started Myra! I am really looking forward to seeing your progress on this one. I stitch in hand, too, but just recently bought a scroll frame that I plan to use with some larger projects next year.

Hope your cobbler is tasty :)

Nita said...

Wow, you are so brave - this piece is big!
Scroll frames are really easy to build with teensy woodworking experience - you can buy the 1x2s and dowels at any hardware store, and all you need then is a drill with a paddle bit and a saw to cut the 1x2s to length. Hmmm, I sense a tutorial that needs to be written - how about you?

Nita said...

Oh shoot - forgot to add the bolts and wingnuts to the list for a scroll frame.

pollyanna said...

That is so delightful, Myra :) Love that chipmunk. I love watching the progress :) And tell the heat and humidity to go away so I don't die at the beach next weekend! LOL

Meari said...

Your WIP is coming right along. Apple cobbler.... Yummmmm!

Jan said...

What a cute little chipmucnk in the tree!!!Peach or apple cobbler sounds great!!! I'll be over!!!